Saturday, September 8, 2007

the opportunitistic anorexic

hi there. you never knew this about me, so i am telling you now. i am anorexic. yes, it's true. i have problems with eating.

you see, i need a prescription for medical marijuana, and they require "evidence" in the form of empty medicine bottles in order to give me the coveted prescription. i suffer from insomnia, anxiety, and asthma, but there is no recorded medical evidence that i do indeed suffer from these afflictions. i seem to be at the end of my line.

then i look in the mirror, and i see that my ribs are more visible. friends, family, and coworkers alike have asked me if i lost weight. they ask if i am eating. of course, i generally brush them aside and insist that i merely have a fast metabolism and i work out alot, so of course i'd be very thin.

then yesterday, after speaking to the customer service representative of the "organic" clinic over the phone, i realized i was merely in denial of the obvious. the damage was obvious to everyone but me...until now. it was clear that i DO have an eating disorder. i was an anorexic and just didn't know it. at 5 feet 4 inches and 105 pounds, it was crystal clear that i was underweight, and that my size could not be achieved by natural means...unless you call self imposed starvation natural.

i take this opportunity to thank my family, friends, and coworkers for caring about me enough to verify my eating habits. also, this clinic insists on verifying my condition, and i believe that the supporting testimony of said family and friends will help the diagnosing doctor see that i need help in the worst way. thank you all for your support and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment